Born in 1930, Ernst Fuchs is an Austrian visionary painter, draftsman, printmaker, sculptor, architect, stage designer, composer, poet, and singer. Fuchs attended the St. Anna Painting School, and later the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna, where he became one of the founders of the Vienna School of Fantastic Realism. He is also a founding member of the ‘Art-Club’, as well as the ‘Hundsgruppe’ (dog group) founded together with Arik Brauer, Arnulf Rainer and Josef Mikl. Influenced by artists such as Gustav Klimt and Egon Shiele, he revived and adopted the ‘mischtechnik’ (mixed technique) of painting. His first major retrospective took place at the Palazzo Piagini in Venice, followed by further retrospectives at the Russian Museum in St. Petersburg in 1993, and the Palais Harrach in Vienna.